It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Who's the blond?

A strange thing has happened in the relationship between my brother and me. 6 years his junior, I was always considered just his "kid sister". No one thought twice about it when we hung out. Now that I'm 31 and he's 37, the difference in age doesn't make a big difference, and in fact, nearly gets him in trouble.

Take last night for example. His wife was out of town and his two kids were staying with her mother. Since he was home alone, we decided to go out. We made a stop at the mall first because my I needed a new phone. While standing at the Verizon kiosk, a young man walked by with his friends and my brother and he exchanged "hellos". I asked who it was, and he said it was his wife's nephew.

Not more than 10 minutes later my brother gets a text from his wife asking "who's the blond you're with?" Always the smart ass, he replies, "Oh you mean the tall blond that looks a lot like me and shares the same last name?" He laughs, saying "Does she really think I found a girlfriend in the 3 hours she's been gone, and I decide our first date should be at Frontier Mall?!"

I guess things were easier when I had a mouth full of metal and glasses as large as my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment