It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Anthony Weiner scandal

Me: "I can't get something out of my mind that I saw at work tonight."

My husband: "What?"

Me: "It was Anthony Weiner's....well....weiner."
Courtesy: NY Daily News
Have you been following New York City's politics? It's absolutely nutty! (pun intended) Mayoral candidate Anthony Weiner is once again finding himself in sexual hot water. In the latest scandal, he is accused of sexting a college student from Indiana and sending her racy photos of his...weiner. I mean really, he just makes the jokes too easy. (You may remember he resigned from Congress in 2011 for tweeting a sexually explicit photo of himself to another woman.) It appears as if the weiner never learns.

The woman at the other end is Sydney Leathers, proving once again the first rule of politics--never trust a girl with a stage name. She will sell you down the river faster than you can zip your drawers. During an interview with Inside Edition, Leathers says, "He's not who I thought he was." Of course, in the next breath, she said Weiner once described himself as an "argumentative, perpetually horny, middle-aged man." So I guess Ms. Leathers, you actually knew him pretty well.

The New York news media has been all over this story. Because I work as a news writer at a television station, I had the "honor" of seeing the picture of Weiner's weiner that Ms. Leathers sold to a racy website. When my husband texted last night to see how my night was going, I replied with:

"Things are good...it's a pretty easy news night. Just writing about weiners!"

The TV news stories about the Weiner scandal are nothing compared to New York's newspapers. They are perhaps the raciest pieces of journalism I've ever seen. Check out the covers of the New York Daily News and the New York Post...


My favorite moment last night happened when the assignment editor asked all of us "Can we say 'Same Old Schlong and Dance' on the air?" I mean really, if I get asked that one more time.....

But never fear...it appears as if the Weiner scandal will feed our insatiable appetites for months to come. During an interview with the local media who asked how many other women he sexted, Anthony Weiner said there probably weren't anymore than three women...well, perhaps six to 10 all together...but it wasn't dozens and dozens. These are his words.  

Oh New York. You crazy city. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment