It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Monday, January 27, 2014

Robbed by hillbillies!

I've been robbed! I've been robbed by....hillbillies?

When I woke up yesterday and checked my cell phone, I had a text message from my Discover card. It said that they detected unusual activity on my account and wanted to know if I'd authorized a $637.97 charge at Walmart.com. I pressed "N" for no only because they didn't have a "Hell No" option.

Oh, and I also found out the robbers tried to make other charges at the Des Moines Inn and "1SaleADay," which is a daily deal site. I guess after a long day of hillbilly online shopping, they wanted to crash at their favorite Iowa hotel. Although I'm not exactly sure why that charge was only for $3.10. Perhaps the hotel was offering a special "January in Iowa During the Polar Vortex" deal for $3.00 a night plus tax.


But let's get back to the Wal-Mart charge. I've seen the merchandise crap they sell at Wal-Mart, so what in the heck cost $637? Did they buy they entire toy section? Or perhaps they stocked up on rifles, Cheetos, Daisy Duke shorts, Busch beer and salami? Hmm. Let's ask these Wal-Mart shoppers and see if they know...






Well, fortunately Discover quickly caught these charges so I don't think Charlene or Bubba got away with any goods. So I guess Bubba, you'll have to keep digging in your pants to see if you can find any money there because you ain't gettin' mine.




No comments:

Post a Comment