It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Wedding to do's after the wedding



Sorry I've been MIA for a couple of days now. I've been busy doing wedding stuff. What??? You're probably thinking, "But you got married 6 weeks ago, what could you possibly be doing now?"


First of all, our amazing photographer, David Stubbs, was kind enough to give us the rights to our pics right away. That means I've been able to post them on Facebook, and Shutterfly so friends and family can order them. But there are 480 pics all together, so it's taking me a mosquito's lifetime to upload them. (According to answers.com=The average life span for these insects varies greatly between exact species, but typically the females live for 3 to 100 days and the males live for 10 to 20 days.)

Also, on about 100 pics, the file size was too big, so I had to figure out another way to upload them.

Plus, the work continues on the thank-you notes. Wow, will I ever finish? We just got 2 new gifts yesterday, so I can't even keep up. I tell Mike he should be super thankful that his handwriting looks like an 8-year old serial killer's, because he's gotten out of doing any of them. On top of that, I'm trying to make sure each thank you is sweet and personalized because I remember getting a wedding thank you a few years ago that said, "Thank you so much for the gift (s)." Even worse, I gave them money.

Along with this, I've been staying up until about 2 a.m. everyday working on our wedding video. We decided to cut costs and not get a videographer. So my brother-in-law filmed the rehearsal, wedding, and part of the reception, and I'm editing it all together with music on our awesome Mac. It looks perfect when I preview it, but when I download it, there's bleeding audio. So in some scenes you hear people clapping, but they clearly aren't. Weird.

So I guess this whole underemployment hit at a good time, because if I was working 40+ hours a week, I wouldn't be getting any of this done.

1 comment:

  1. My husband got out of writing thank you notes also. How did the men pass handwriting class? Or do they conveniently write bad. Lol! I love imovie on the mac!

    ReplyDelete