It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Friday, July 22, 2011

Blog Wars

As I've entered the fun and super fast-paced world of public relations, or PR, I've learned a few things about the media I never knew before. One thing I recently realized....everyone is a blogger.

You can find rantings or personal experiences on just about everything. Did you know there are actually blogs about the Muppets? Yep, there are several blogs dedicated to Muppet news...isn't that cute? I guess they follow the comings and goings of different characters and the highs and lows of Kermit and Miss Piggy's relationship. (FYI-I hear it's not going well. Kermit says he's looking for someone with a little less "junk in the trunk." Jerk.)

There are also blogs dedicated to everything geek. These bloggers describe ways to find your inner dork (they should just ask me how I did it for most of the 90's.) These blogs get huge readership too! (I guess not that surprising, because dorks are at home on the computer, not trying to get into Chicago's Paris night club. Hehe, see my last post.)

The biggest blog kick I've gotten is how many blogs are dedicated to breastfeeding. Breastfeeding Moms Unite! Mama Knows Breast! etc, etc. These women are keeping people educated on the fight to breastfeed. (I didn't know this was a fight.) They blog about things like the benefits of sharing breast milk with other moms (ew) and their right to breastfeed in public. Here's the things ladies...I don't think any of us care whether or not you breastfeed, we just don't want to see your boob while we're eating our pasta carbonara at Carrabba's. And we also don't want your kid to be so old he can walk up to you and ask for the boob, because that's just disturbing. 

I guess the moral of my story is to thank all of you for reading this blog. 86 confirmed followers and over 41,000 hits, score! (If you haven't officially "followed" me yet, what are you waiting for? It makes you smarter and better looking.)

I know you have a lot of choices out there, so thank you for choosing my blog which my brother describes as the "Seinfeld Blog" meaning it's a blog about nothing. Thanks brother (Side note: he wasn't breastfed long enough.)



1 comment:

  1. Did I mention how much better my life was during my first 6 years?? ;)

    ReplyDelete