It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Bachelorette--Where Do They Find These Guys?

Courtesy: ABC.com
The following blog post has been approved by my husband...

Tonight I put my hubbie through what can best be described as torture--I made him watch The Bachelorette with me.

I've told you before why this show absolutely fascinates me, and a few months ago, I blogged about the "Top Reasons I Could Never Be On The Bachelor" including,

"Sure I had a feeling Mike was 'the one' after our first date, but I kept that information to myself for oh, about three years, not two dates. In real life, those kind of love admissions get you dumped, not another rose."

The Bachelorette is even more entertaining, because the producers actually find 25 straight guys willing to talk about their feelings, even shedding a tear every now and again. Also, most are pretty good looking too! Where on earth do they find these guys? (I've never met one, so this apparently excludes Cheyenne, Laramie, Lander and Riverton WY,  Grand Junction, CO, Fort Myers, FL, Indianapolis and Chicago.)

I laughed and told Mike tonight, "You'd be terrible on this show! You hate small talk and never want to talk about feelings!"

Case in point: It took him a year and a half to tell me he loved me. Granted, he did it live on the radio when he worked at WINK-FM and I worked at WINK-TV in Fort Myers (Very nice touch and totally made it worth the wait), but still, can you imagine how frustrated the producers would be when they asked how he felt about The Bachelorette after week 2? He'd probably say, "She's okay" or "I'm feeling her out."

Another case in point: Whenever Mike's on the phone (which he hates and tries to end immediately), he's like a toddler only capable of one-word answers. Trying to get a soundbite out of this guy would be tough.

All-in-all, I guess it's good Mike and I met in real life and not reality TV, because I don't like doing handstands in my evening gown and he doesn't like to talk about his heart singing.

I love you honey!


No comments:

Post a Comment