It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Monday, January 28, 2013

Sex and the City Hotspots Tour

I don't remember what I scored on the SAT in high school, but I do remember thinking it should have been much higher for a loner who had only recently ditched the metal mouth. I also know when I took the GRE to get into grad school, Mike and I had a good laugh about my ridiculously low math score that pretty much ranked me next to a walrus in terms of algebra knowledge.

But I can tell you there is one test that I will always score a 100% on: Sex and the City trivia.

This weekend, I talked my girlfriend Whitney into doing the Sex and the City Hotspots Tour. For 3 1/2 hours, a large tour bus drove us around New York City, showing all the filming locations from the greatest show that ever aired. (Fact, not opinion.) From the New York Public Library where Carrie planned her wedding to Mr. Big, to the New York Sports Club where Miranda worked out, the tour took us from Midtown to SoHo and everywhere in between. It was very well planned too...the tour guide showed a clip from any of the six seasons or the two movies, and then the bus drove by that location. As I told Whitney...that was my idea of the perfect city tour in 9 degree weather.

There are also four times the bus stopped and we got out and toured, which included:
* The Pleasure Chest. Remember when Charlotte bought a "rabbit?" It's a sex store in Greenwich Village that makes girls like Charlotte (and Jeannie) blush. There were no photos allowed inside, for obvious reasons.

* Magnolia Bakery. The ladies loved their cupcakes like they loved their men.
I will tell you, however, that I have found an even better cupcake in NYC. I should know, I ate four this weekend alone. Details coming soon...

* Buddakan restaurant. It's the restaurant where Carrie and Big had their rehearsal dinner. Remember this long table where everyone sat and Samantha did her toast?
We found out this restaurant also doubled as a second location in the movie when Stanford and Anthony kissed during their New Year's Eve celebrations. Apparently each time they shot on location, it cost $10,000 or more, so the producers got savvy with picking spots with lots of great backgrounds. Whitney and I also got a picture in the Buddakan bar where Carrie had her last "single girl's kiss" with Big. 
* Onieal's Bar- a.k.a Scout Bar, which Aidan and Steve owned. Remember when Carrie brought Aidan a Mulberry bush as a gift because the bar was on Mulberry Street? Funny enough, the bar is about a block away from Mulberry but the producers "borrowed" the street sign while filming the show.


But the coolest part of the tour was when the tour guide asked the group trivia questions and I knew the answer to each and every one. Yep, those 20's something girls had nothing on me. It's just too bad my grad school exam didn't include listing the names of men Samantha had slept with. I would have nailed it (pun intended).

For more information on this tour, click HERE.







2 comments:

  1. I think your Sex and the City trivia in this post might put my wife's knowledge to shame. Might make another nice post for you btw. You could create a Sex and the City trivia game for your readers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that idea! Thanks for reading Jason.

    ReplyDelete