It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Ladies, what are you thinking?

Good Morning from a balmy Chi city! It's -7 right now, but thank goodness we're going to hit a high of 15 later today. That will feel so much warmer. Hasn't this been a strange winter? I know friends of mine in the south are even shivering today in very cold temperatures.

A couple of weeks ago, I showed you what many of us Midwesterners look like this time of year with our big coats, hats, gloves, long johns, etc. But I've seen a weird trend lately: women who are still trying to dress cute this time of year. What are you doing? Trying to make the rest of us look bad?

I've seen several women getting out of cars wearing 3-4 inch heels. Let me just remind you that we still have piles and piles of snow and ice from the Blizzard of 2011. There are still places where snow drifts are taller than me. So the women step out with their heels, and they look like baby elephants trying to walk for the first time. They can barely keep their legs beneath them, so their boyfriends have to help them walk. It's almost like the women are physical therapy patients and the men are the therapists helping them relearn the basics. What are you thinking ladies??? I haven't worn anything other than flat boots in 3 months, and my feet won't see a cute pump for at least another two.

I-Fur.com
And what's with the women in Chicago who wear full-length fur coats? Um, you know that's not politically correct, right? Most women I know don't even eat meat anymore because of reading Skinny Bitch, let alone wearing an entire animal on their backs. At the gym the other day, I saw a women walk into the locker room with a full length fur coat. I can barely fit my boots in the tiny lockers, let alone an entire beaver.

Let me just say there is a time and place to dress cute in Chicago, and it's called July. And there is a time and place to wear a fur coat. It's called December 1985.

No comments:

Post a Comment