It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Accidental Body Waxing

Have you ever accidentally gotten a body part waxed? Yeah, I didn't think so.

I seriously have the strangest things happen to me. Last week, in preparation for a weekend wedding in Hilton Head, I went to have my eyebrows waxed. When the esthetician called me into her room, she said, "You came for a (muffled word) wax, right?" See, the door was closing as she asked the question, so I couldn't hear it, but I assumed she said brow wax.

First lesson learned, never assume anything. If you don't understand someone, ask them to repeat themselves.

I laid down on the table and she began waxing my eyebrows. Phew, I guess she knows what I want. Everything was going as usual, then as I thought we were wrapping up, in one swift move, she used the wooden stick to smear wax all over my upper lip. I didn't even have a chance to react! I didn't say anything, thinking, hmm, she must be trying to give me a hint. But wait a minute, it's not like I have a mustache. I have barely-there blonde hairs! What is she doing?

Second lesson, speak up for yourself--immediately.

Courtesy: Dailymail.co.uk
As I checked out, I realized the person who originally made the appointment put me down for "brow and upper lip wax" instead of just "brow wax". (They're probably close to each other in the computer.) But here's the thing...after I get waxed, my skin turns bright red. Like tomato red. After I get my eyebrows done, I have to wear my gigantic sunglasses everywhere Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen style.

So after this, I had to do the walk of shame six blocks home with a bright red ring around the mouth. It looked like I had been a very naughty girl. I called my mom and said, "Talk to me! I need to kill time before Mike sees this and laughs at me."

So what was my very supportive husband's reaction? He laughed and said, "Does that mean it will grow back thicker and darker, so eventually you'll have a sweet 'stache?"

God, I hope not.


No comments:

Post a Comment