It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Monday, May 2, 2011

God, why are you testing me??

Okay, God is really testing me. He wants to see if I'm a good and honest person, but man, he's making it tough.

In November you may remember my blog about going to an ATM and finding a bank card still inside the machine. The screen asked, "Are you still there? How much do you want to withdraw?" Here's what went racing through my mind....


Suddenly my childhood flashed before my eyes, and I was a 6-year old with pigtails being told by my father, "Now Jeannie, we don't take from others.  Give this toy back to your friend Paige, because it's hers, not yours."

In my dream, I retort back, "But Pops, it's really expensive living in Chicago and I'm underemployed, so I can't afford my own toys!" My dad doesn't budge, and when I'm thrust back into reality, my conscience gets the best of me.  I hit "Cancel Transaction" and take the card inside to the bank manager.  


Don't worry, I blurred the numbers
Well, it happened again. Can you believe it? This morning I went to an ATM at Clark and Division which is a very busy intersection near a red line L stop. I couldn't figure out what the annoying beeping was, until I realized there was a bank card still inside the machine. Since it's an outside ATM, I decided to take the card home with me so it's safe.

Hmm.

Pops, I'm guessing you wouldn't condone me doing a little online shopping, would you? 

I know, I know. I'm calling the bank now to let them know I found it. But seriously, how many times will this happen until I finally break??




P.S. No, I'm not ignoring the biggest news story today, but what else can be said about Osama Bin Laden's death that hasn't already been said? (However, I'm guessing he didn't return bank cards he found.)

2 comments:

  1. Jeannie,

    I have no doubts you will remain true to your morals -- which is as it should be. And if nothing else, what you've done is a part of "paying it forward". I'm proud of you -- but you already knew that, didn't you!? :)

    And as for Bin Laden -- I agree. Yes, a small amount of justice has been served. Okay, folks, it's done... move along.

    Keep posting -- and have a great day!!

    Regards,
    Tom Stockton

    ReplyDelete
  2. A) YOU WERE RAISED WELL AND B) YOU BELIEVE IN KARMA, SO I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU WILL DO WITH THAT CARD - GO GIRL!!

    ReplyDelete