It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Woe Is Me

Wow, how does that happen? Everything was going great yesterday--I ran and had a great workout. I got lots of work projects done. I drove....you'll never believe it...in traffic to run errands! Then all of a sudden, botta bing, botta boom, I felt like crap. I felt like I'd lost playing a game of Mike Tyson's punch out, only instead of losing an ear, my voice was no where to be found.

Colds are a strange thing. They hit you like a ton of bricks and always at the worst time. After a whole winter of crappy weather and a delayed spring, the weather is finally nice now. Only I can't enjoy it, because I'm stuck inside looking a lot like the girl from The Exorcist.

Don't you agree the worst part of a cold is trying to sleep? Last night, I was stuffy, couldn't close my mouth, and felt like I had to swallow flames of fire every couple of minutes. Let's be honest, when we feel like this, we want our spouses/significant others to share our pain. I wanted Mike to hold me all night while singing and getting me 7-up and chicken soup.

Only I didn't get that.

He was lights out, snoring all night long. And so was our boy Chihuahua. Both were sawing logs the entire night, not even waking when I coughed. Seriously, is it a male thing? How do they sleep through everything? How do they fall asleep immediately? It's maddening. (Maybe I should rent-a-friend to take care of me! Confused? See last blog post.)

In other news, I've discovered that pinching your hubbie's nose and poking your Chihuahua in the stomach does wake them up (albeit, temporarily.)



No comments:

Post a Comment