It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Can you hear me now?

I'm in a city of millions of people. 2 or 3 million, I've read different figures, but either way, it's a lot. So why can't I get a cell phone signal?
I got one on a ferry to Key West. I got one in the caves of Kentucky. I even got one in Lander, Wyoming, population 5,000.

When I was talking to a potential employer, he said, "Oh, it sounds like you just walked under a bridge." "Nope," I said, "That's just my living room."

When I was talking to my mom today, the phone cut out 3 times on Michigan Avenue. I can land some crack cocaine there, but I can't get any cell phone service!

And when I had to order a new remote control from someone in India (Slumdog Millionaire style), my phone cut out three times, and all three times the order hadn't been completed, so I had to call back. And talk to someone I couldn't understand. And explain the problem again. And be told, "Please hit every button on your remote, just to make sure it doesn't work."

So Verizon, I ask you, "Can you hear me now? Do something about this awful reception!"

No comments:

Post a Comment