It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Is this a better alternative than walking 2 miles to the grocery store?

I recently discovered that instead of walking 2 miles to the grocery store, and schlepping my bags home in the rain, our apartment building offers a free, shuttle service on Tuesdays and Sundays.
Along with the service comes a very hard to understand, but sweet, driver from Bulgaria.
Yesterday on the way home, he asked if I had the day off. "Yes, I guess you could say that."
He then asked what I did, and I told him I was a reporter and anchor for 8 years. He thought that was the coolest. He wanted to name all his favorite anchors, only he couldn't remember their last names, or even their first names for that matter. Here was our conversation-- in broken English, of course:

Him: "Oh, I just love Bawrbara....?"
Me: "Walters?"
Him: "Yesh, yesh, wery good."

Him: "Oh, I just love that hanchor on CNN.."
Me: "Can't guess that one. I'm pretty sure there's more than one anchor!"

Him: "Did you know Opwrah made $200 billion last year?"
(I don't argue)

Him: "Whosh was the anchor before Tom Brokaw?"
Me: "I'm not sure."
Him: "You know. Briyan something.."
Me: "Brian Williams?"
Him: "Yesh, that's it!"
Me: "Brian Williams was after Tom Brokaw."
Him: "No he wasn't."
(Once again, I don't argue)

I realize now Mr. Shuttle man is like a leaky faucet. Once he turns on, you can't get him to stop!

No comments:

Post a Comment