It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Monday, November 16, 2009

To all health insurance companies: Why are you so difficult?

The most common question I get about this blog is, "Why do you blog?  Isn't it a pain to do it nearly everyday?"
I tell those people it's a great release for when something isn't going my way, or if someone is rude, I can blog and then stop worrying about it.
So, please hear me out on yet another COBRA (continuation of health benefits story).  Get some popcorn and get comfortable!

If you read this Blog often enough, you know it took me more than 2 months to get health insurance after I quit my job in Cheyenne.  One reason is that Blue Cross never received my check.  So I stopped payment on it, and paid with a credit card on-line.  My bank charged me $20 to do that, but I didn't want to worry someone else would cash the check.
I then called the COBRA department, and told a "Brian" that I was stopping the payment, and he said "Uh-huh" with so little interest I knew he really didn't care or write it down.  I'm pretty sure he was playing Solitaire.
Today, I got a letter from Blue Cross saying I also owed them $25 for the stop payment. What?  Were they so embarrassed that the check didn't cash,  they think $25 will heal their wounds? 
"Nicole" tells me she'll put in a request so I don't have to pay the $25.  So in another 2 months, I should have an answer!

Awe, that feels good.  Thanks for hearing me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment