It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Mr. Shuttle-man, Part Two

Okay, okay, hear me out for one more funny story about Mr. Shuttle-man. Confused? Read yesterday's blog.

Along with the anchor name-game, I also told my Bulgarian shuttle driver that I'm planning to go back to school to become a teacher. Most people's response is, "Oh, that's wonderful!". Or, "Following in you mom's footsteps, huh? That's great!" But here was Mr. Shuttle-man's reaction:
"Oh, no! You don't wants to be a teacher. They don't make mush money. Only like $50 or $60 thowsand"
Ha! I wanted to ask how much he makes driving a shuttle 2 days a week.
Here was my response, which he clearly didn't understand.
"Well, considering at my first broadcasting job, I made $14,000, this will seem like a dream! In fact, even in a top-25 market, I didn't make $60 thousand. Wow, come to think of it, I've never made much money!"

Not convinced, he says, "Oh no, you need to be just like Bawbara Walters."

No comments:

Post a Comment