Monday, November 30, 2009
Awe, Home Sweet Home. I never thought a 660 square foot apartment could look so good. After hundreds of miles, and about 16 hours of driving, Mike and I are back in Chicago after our Kentucky/Ohio extravaganza. We first went to Louisville, Kentucky to spend the holiday with my family and celebrate my grandmother's 85th birthday. Happy Birthday Mama Mays! We then went to Canton, Ohio to finish out the weekend with Mike's family. Here are some observations I've made about the holidays/life/traveling. You can probably relate.
* Even though you just eat and travel, the holidays are way more exhausting than cramming for a college exam ever was.
* Michigan drivers apparently make a vow to drive in the left lane and go 10 miles under the speed limit. Always.
* Hardee's is single-handedly contributing to this country's obesity problem, but their mushroom melt is oh-so-good.
* Your dog and a relative's dog will get along fine one minute, but the next they are trying to bite each other's snouts off.
* Older women fart when they go to the bathroom to pee. Always.
* You think you are a better driver than anyone else because you ARE.
* You feel like your family is crazy because they are. But don't worry, you're not alone.
Happy Holidays everyone!