It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Success!




I've never planned a surprise birthday before, but since Mike turned 30 this week, I thought it was the perfect time. We went to McFadden's on State and Division Streets, and we had a blast. It's the perfect bar for 30 somethings because they play all the best music from our youth.
But there was one problem. The usually laid-back, and not at all worried about being on time Mike, suddenly wanted to go out right away last night. I told everyone to get there at 8 p.m., and we'd be there by about 8:15 p.m. At 7:30 p.m., Mike was chomping at the bit to go out. So I told him I had to go to the ATM. Considering I really don't pay for anything these days, that was a weird request.
Then I said I needed some extra hairspray for my 'do.
Then I told him I just had to say goodbye to the Chihuahuas. I'm talking about all out cuddling and kissing.
Mike's like, "You're home with them all day, what's your deal?"
I said, "I just love them so much!"
But the greatest gift came from our cab driver. He's apparently lived in Chicago for only a few hours. He kept getting in turn lanes when we needed to go straight, and he drove down State Street which is a construction mess.
So thanks to hairspray, small dogs, and a non-English speaking cabbie, we timed it out perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment