It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Burning Ring of Fire, I Went Down, Down, Down....

Okay, here we go. In three and a half hours I'm taking the hardest test of my life. As I said on Facebook,
"After months of studying words like "opprobrium" & "untrammeled" and figuring out hypotenuse triangles, I'm finally taking the GRE today. I'm pretty sure it will do three things: make me feel dumb, want to drink and cry."

Last night I was studying analogies where you look at the relationship between two words (usually words you've never seen before) and you have to determine out of the four choices, which set of words best expresses a relationship similar to the sample given. For example, if you're given CARPENTER: SAW, you choose SEAMSTRESS: SCISSORS, because those are the tools they use for their jobs. (Trust me, they get a lot harder than that.)

Instead of focusing on the task at hand, I kept thinking of analogies that best explain my life right now...

JEANNIE: NERVOUS=
L TRAIN: DIRTY

JEANNIE: DUM DUM=
CHICAGO: BAD DRIVERS

JEANNIE: IS IN TROUBLE=
CHICAGO WIND: BLOWS

JEANNIE: NEVER LEARNED ALGEBRA=
SOME BIG CITY PEOPLE: NEVER LEARNED MANNERS

JEANNIE: WILL LIKELY STRIKE OUT=
CHICAGO: CUBS

Have a great day everybody! If you get a chance, say a little prayer for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment