It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Ewww!


Sure, I'm having a relaxing time in Tennessee, but I'm also constantly on guard against insects. The south is an interesting place for them. This picture is what we believe is a gigantic Texas grasshopper. We found him in the pool--gross! These things are almost as big as my Chihuahuas! Tennessee is also dealing with an invasion of red biting fire ants (they blame Texas for that too.) After my dogs go potty, we sometimes have to run and dunk them in the pool to get the ants off. So, if you're coming to the south anytime soon, my advice is to bring bug spray, a flyswatter and benadryl cream. Or you could try WD-40. Southerns praise it for taking the sting out. Haven't tried that yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment