It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

How did you make it work?


This picture of Mike and me was taken in August of 2005-the last time we lived in the same state. We've been in a long-distance relationship for 4 years. Now, with me moving to Chicago, we'll finally be together and it feels great!
Today someone asked me how we got through it. I thought about it for a minute, and said, "well, I trust him." That sounds so simple, but that's truly it. There have been plenty of nights he's gone out in Chicago when I've been in Fort Myers, Indianapolis or Cheyenne, and I had to trust that he was being faithful. Sure, there were times when he was at a bar and I knew women were there too, and perhaps hitting on him, but I had to trust he was doing the right thing. Sure, long-distance hasn't been easy (or cheap), but it can be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment