It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Following the Rules

Do you ever feel punished because you are following the rules? At my nephew's soccer game yesterday it was "Silent Saturday." That means the coaches, parents and fans are supposed to be quiet and not yell. Apparently, this rule doesn't pertain to everyone though. My family and I accidentally sat on the opponent's side of the field. All around us parents were yelling at their kids to "be aggressive" or have a "big foot" (whatever that means). As the game went on, they got mad at the refs yelling "come on, make a good call!" Or "don't be an idiot!" I realized this is the role model they are setting for their kids, so pretty soon their children are yelling at the refs too. I heard one say, "I'm going to kick him in the balls!" Oy vay.
All the while my family and I are sitting there quietly. Playing by the rules, but really wanting to yell obscenities too.

No comments:

Post a Comment