It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Friday, September 11, 2009

"I'm sorry"


Someone one said that women apologize too much. Lately, I been monitoring my use of "I'm sorry" and the women around me, and I realize that person is right. A couple of weeks ago when I was flying back from Chicago, the women right behind me started to choke. It scared me to death! I felt so helpless, and the only thing I could think to do is hit the flight attendant button.
Everyone came rushing in, and luckily the woman was able to swallow the pill that had stuck in her throat. But for the remaining hour and a half of the flight, the woman apologized to anyone who would listen. She apologized to every flight attendant and told her husband she was "sorry for embarrassing him." What?? She couldn't breath for what probably seemed like an eternity, and SHE was sorry?
I was just telling my mom about this post, and she told me about her experience today at the grocery store. A woman inadvertently cut in front of her in line, and then apologized. My mom, in her true female way, said that "she was sorry too." We had a good laugh about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment