It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

What is your ethnicity?

I applied for my 23rd job today and ran into a common question. When I submitted my resume and cover letter, it asked for my ethnicity. I could either choose "white", or "do not wish to identify." Same thing for gender. I identified myself, but it makes me question whether I should or not. Does this hurt me from being considered?
I could also mark if I felt I was a "Diversity Candidate" and I wanted the employer to know. I have Uggs in about every color, so does that make me diverse?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jeannie! 23 jobs? Wow! I wish you luck. After moving here to Amsterdam I quickly learned that I needed to convert my resume into a CV. Most require a date of birth, place of birth, ethnicity gender, marital status, spouses name and children. Some employers even ask for a photo! I feel that it's so wrong, but here it's normal.

    ReplyDelete