It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Monday, March 28, 2011

When it rains it pours

Why is it when you get one bill you get like 20 others? You can go weeks without thinking you owe a thing, and then wham, your mailbox is full of white envelopes that say "Open Immediately" or "Change Service Requested." I really hate those.

Today my "open immediately" was a $240 bill from the City of Chicago. Yep, it seems our city parking sticker (you have to have one in order to park anywhere within the city) is expired, so when we parked at our friend's apartment on a quiet street on January 14 to enjoy a nice dinner, we didn't know a parking attendant was sealing our fate (And really, they work at 8 p.m.?). Apparently the ticket was originally $120, but since we moved, the city sent the bill to our old apartment, hence why we now have late fees. And we still need a new city sticker.

Oh, but that's not all.

I also opened a bill regarding our Cobra insurance coverage which we need until our new insurance kicks in. Apparently the $1800 I already sent wasn't enough...we owe $417.56 more. Sheesh.

Oh, and did I mention gas in Chicago is now $4.09?

In other news, I'm starting to sell things in order to make some extra cash. Let me know if you need a Chihuahua or a kidney...or a Chihuahua's kidney. (Okay, that made me giggle.)

No comments:

Post a Comment