Our little Chihuahua, Bailey, must have a stomach of steel. After eating what we now know was at least 3 Hershey Kisses plus a little wrapper, and subsequently drinking 3 teaspoons of Hydrogen Peroxide to make her throw them up, she has yet to puke, has had no signs of sickness, and her poo is solid with just a few specks of silver wrapper in it. Are you kidding me? From what I read online, this 5-pound dog ate what's essentially doggie arsenic, and yet she A-OK.
Her poor brother Buckeye, on the other hand, threw up twice after getting just 2 teaspoons of Hydrogen Peroxide. (At first, we weren't sure who ate the chocolate, so we gave them both the magic throw-up liquid. Poor guy. Kind of reminds me of the time my brother and I both got our mouths washed out with soap because we blamed each other for throwing out an F bomb. Sorry Shane--it was me.)
And that wasn't our son's first bad experience with chocolate. Last Thanksgiving, Buckeye, who is a much larger 8-10 pound dog, got into chocolate and ironically enough, had the Hershey squirts for 3 days and 3 + states. It made driving to Ohio and Kentucky? Not fun at all.
So I guess the lesson in all of this, is that women really are Steel Magnolias while men are weak little things who always make the bathroom stink.