It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Working from home? Rocks!

Usually I don't like people seeing me look so terrible, but I'm posting this pic to prove a point.  And the point is?  Working from home totally. rocks.

Yep, it's 6 p.m. and even though I have showered, I opted for no contacts, make-up or nice clothes.  Instead, I chose my Jersey Shore-ish sweatsuit and Ugg slippers.  I'm also working at our kitchen table with a big cozy blanket wrapped around me and a space heater blowing a warm, Florida-like breeze on my legs and tootsies.

Recently, a couple of my girlfriends told me they had the option of working from home, but opted not to because they missed the social interaction and had a hard time being motivated.  I see their point, but I think being able to do laundry, cuddle with my dogs and not have to worry about a big stain on my shirt totally outweighs those concerns.

After 8 years of morning reporting and hitting the snooze button at 2 a.m., I'm lavishing in sleeping in.  Today I woke up at 10:30 a.m.  Who does that besides 14-year olds on Christmas vacation??  Sure, I'll work into this evening, but I don't mind.  It took years to realize that I get my best work done at night.

In terms of social interaction, all I have to do is walk down the street toward the L train or to the local Starbucks.  Nearly every time, a bum will ask me for money, call me a profanity, or confess their love.  Yep, one particular bum near Grand and Fairbanks always yells that he loves me.  That's interacting, right?

3 comments:

  1. Jeannie,

    Well, ya gotta say one thing about the guy at Grand and Fairbanks... his eyesight is great!

    Love your posts -- keep 'em coming!

    All the best,
    Tom

    p.s. I hope your saving all of your posts, so you can compile them and publish them in book form... Put a photo of your smiling face on the cover to draw them in, then as they smile, chuckle and nod their heads in agreement as they read cover-to-cover -- you'd never have to go "back" to work!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been meaning to do a post like this for ages as I am with you...working from home is AWESOME! Even as we speak I am business on top, party on the bottom as I just had a web meeting where it was important to look polished from the waist up! Sweatpants on the bottom of course though! I don't know how I could ever go back to working in an office daily...this totally rocks!!

    ReplyDelete