It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Two celebrity couple shockers!

Courtesy: People Magazine
Wow, what a shocking day in the world of celebrity relationships!  Scarlett Johansson and People Magazine's Sexiest Man Alive, Ryan Reynolds, announced they're ending their marriage of 2 years.  I no sooner found that out, when I heard High School Musical stars Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens are calling it quits after dating for 4 years.

Both couples say they split "as good friends" with tremendous respect for each other.  When don't they say that?  I want the press release to say, "They actually can't stand the sight of one another, and have been secretly spitting in one another's food and flushing the toilet when the shower is on.  They can't wait to start dating other people and are looking for someone a little less 'crazy.'"

I feel bad for for celebrities trying to maintain a healthy relationship.  How is it healthy to have paparazzi stalking you, and having people always second-guessing your relationship?  Plus, tabloid mags are always lying about what the stars are/aren't doing with other people.  If I saw in the news that Mike was seen cuddling with Jennifer Aniston, I'd be outraged!  Even if I knew they'd never met, it would still plant the seed of doubt.

Courtesy: People Magazine
Magazines are always watching stars, and wondering if they are happy.  For example, they'll say, "Scarlett isn't wearing her wedding ring, there must be trouble!"  I don't wear my ring a lot!  If I'm going to workout--no ring.  Running errands--often not wearing a ring.  Going outside at night--sometimes not wearing a ring.  This isn't because Mike and I are having problems, I'm just scared about losing the single most expensive thing I've ever owned!

Tabloids also analyze every picture of celebrities together to determine if they are or aren't happy.  How can you tell someone's happiness from a paparazzi shot of them walking down the street?  From them eating at a restaurant?

If you got a shot of Mike and me walking down the street right now, I'd look miserable.  And I'd probably be cussing.  And I'd have a scowl on my face.  But the reason has more to do with the 10 below wind chill, and not because I hate his guts.


No comments:

Post a Comment