It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Friday, December 24, 2010

My skinny jeans are fat

I heard on the news the other night that most people undo a year's worth of working out and eating right in the short amount of time between Thanksgiving and New Years.

Isn't that depressing?

Yep, you could count every calorie the rest of the year, but when it comes to your mom's fudge-- you undo it all.  You just can't say no, and find yourself eating 10 pieces at a time.  (My mom's peanut butter fudge could bring world peace...seriously.)

So that means every time I bundle up, dressing in 5 layers and big boots so I can walk 1/4 mile to my gym, I'm undoing every painful run, crunch and leg press whenever I eat a bite of my mother-in-law's pie.  (Gail's cherry pie could make grown men fall to their knees...seriously.)

In essence, that means every time we pass up a naughty treat the rest of the year, but give in during the holidays because "well, it's the holidays," it will take until June to burn it off.

My solution? I'm taping this picture of me at the end of the treadmill, so that every time I want to quit running and instead do something much more fun (ex: eating), I just have to remember what "Miss Wyoming Jeannie" looked like 8 years ago. It's? Humbling.

Merry Christmas everybody!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment