It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Friday, December 11, 2009

Are they still enjoying this?


I tell Mike when we get older, there's no way we'll want to live in the city. I say the suburbs will be perfect when we have kids and an increased need for space. He insists we'll always want the sights, sounds and excitement of the city. But by the older people I've seen here, I'm guessing the "excitement" gets old.

Case in point: I almost had my eye poked out by a cane-wielding woman who wants to be Luke Skywalker in her next life. A car tried to turn while she was crossing the street, so she hit the hood of his car with her cane, twisting and turning it like a great swordsman. She then turned her moves on the crowd, and I had to pull out my best Matrix back arch so I wouldn't get hit.

At the grocery store, people in their 70's and 80's look like they are simply worn out. They're no longer in the mood for pleasantries like apologizing when they run over my toe with their cart. At the checkout, the cashier tells them, "Oh wait, you forgot a bag!" They grunt, roll their eyes, and hesitantly grab the bag. I'm thinking, you bought the stuff, so why are you so cranky?

No comments:

Post a Comment