It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Back home in Wyoming

I don't think I'm so old that many of my stories begin with, "Do you remember when...?" But as I was flying back home to Wyoming last night, I thought, "Do you remember when people dressed nicely when they flew?" Now it's like a contest to see how disheveled you can be!

As a little girl, I'm not sure if my mom told me I had to, but I also wore a dress when we flew to Kentucky to visit my grandmother. Now, I see young girls and tweeners in their pajamas! I even saw one still in her slippers and holding a pillow. Wouldn't that be embarrassing?? I wouldn't even wear gloves when I was her age.

I also love seeing the different outfit ensembles people put together. Last night I saw a man in a cowboy hat (Awe, back home again!), green sweat pants, white socks, and brown sandals. Wowsers! I'm assuming even if he doesn't own a mirror, he had to at least seen his reflection sometime.

And I saw a 60's-ish woman with curlers in her hair. Okay, so if you decide to leave curlers in when you go out in public, what is the special occasion for which you want curly hair? Staying in??

No comments:

Post a Comment