It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Here's to 2010!

As 2009 comes to an end, it's time to reflect on the past year and wow, what a strange one it was! I started in Indianapolis, moved to Cheyenne, Wyoming, and ended up in Chicago. That's a lot of packing!

Exactly one year ago I was working at a television station in Indianapolis, but I knew my contract wasn't getting renewed. So on January 20th, the same day President Barack Obama was inaugurated and starting his new position, I lost mine.

I then went home to Cheyenne to figure out my next move, and ended up getting a main anchor position. Things were going well, but then the financial bottom fell out at the station.

So finally I moved to Chicago, and after four long years apart, Mike and I ended up in the same city. And before 2009 was even over, I found out that I got into a Master's program and I got a new job. Phew!

All in all, 2009 saw a lot of change, tears and uncertainty. But I realize now, no matter how low things seem to get, there's another door that's about to open.

Here's to 2010. I'll be starting a new job, getting married, and starting a life with Mike. Perhaps there's even a new Chihuahua in our future.

I wish you all the best in 2010 too! Maybe a new job, new relationship, or a new grandchild is in your future. No matter what, a positive attitude will help make it a great year.

No comments:

Post a Comment