It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Friday, December 4, 2009

Don't do it!

My heart is racing. My palms are sweating. A big part of me is saying, "Don't do it!"
Is all of this angst for a job interview? Nope. (unfortunately.) A first date? (That would be a hard one to explain to Mike.) A presentation I have to give? (Again, no job interview indicates no job.)

No my friends, I am having a panic attack about shopping on Michigan Avenue in December. I have to get our niece something at the Disney Store which will be a hot mess of stressed parents, excited kids, confused tourists, and people dressed like Donald Duck and Mickey Mouse.

Why, oh why didn't I buy the gift when I was at the tame mall in Canton, Ohio? Nope, I let my future sister-in-law convince me it would go on sale.

But most people love Michigan Avenue, right? You do until you live here. Then it becomes blatantly obvious that no one walks as quickly as you do. Families of 10 like to re-group about their shopping strategies in the middle of the sidewalk. And tourists just love stopping and taking pictures every couple of steps. Can you imagine when they get home? "Look, here's a picture of Nordstroms!" "And look, here's a picture of a homeless guy in front of Nordstroms!"

Wish me luck. If I'm not back in two hours, I'll likely be at the doctor's office getting a prescription for Xanax.

No comments:

Post a Comment