It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Monday, December 28, 2009

On the first day of Christmas...


Christmas has come and gone, and I say, thank goodness! I started out the holiday with my mom and stepdad visiting Chicago, then I went to Wyoming for a week for early Christmas celebrations, and then I went to Ohio to see Mike's family. On Christmas day, his family squeezes in as much as they can. I need to thank coffee and Cabernet for getting me through!
All that traveling reminds me of the Twelve Days of Christmas--Jeannie style. Enjoy!

On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love sent to me:

Twelve nights sleeping away from home
Eleven upset bellies
Ten slick roads
Nine gifts to re-gift
Eight relatives complaining about my expensive wedding
Seven busy interstates
Six holiday celebrations
Five hours of sleep
Four sneezing and sniffling kids
Three pounds of food eaten
Two times I thought about not having children
And a carsick Chi-hua-hua!

Are you singing it? It's better that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment