It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Saturday, September 11, 2010

9/11--We will never forget

This is a tough day for every American.  I always get weepy and sad on September 11, and I know I always will. 

I'm sure you're like me, and remember exactly where you were that day.  I was working in Cheyenne, Wyoming as a Master Control Operator at a tiny TV station.  Since we were on Mountain time, we didn't show the CBS morning news live, instead it was an hour behind.  I never really monitored the live feed, but for some reason, I looked behind me that day and saw it, right after the first plane hit the tower.  I decided to take the live feed, and just seconds after that, the second tower was hit.  For the next two weeks, I watched 8-hours of post 9/11 coverage everyday.  It was awful.  I cried everyday and felt overwhelmed at times.

To all the heroes from that day who ran into the building's without a moment's hesitation--thank you.  Your bravery and selflessness will not be forgotten.  To all the people who lost their lives that day--we honor your memories and will never forget you.

There are a lot of video tributes out there that are still too painful to watch, but I really like this one.  It's a commercial Budweiser did, but only aired once so as to not make money from it.  It's very touching.  9/11 Commercial

God Bless America.  Be sure the hug your loved ones a little tighter today.

No comments:

Post a Comment