It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Monday, September 13, 2010

Beefy and Cheesy

What is it about a lack of sleep that makes you crave really bad food?  Like it seems the only way you can stay awake is if you stuff your face with cookies or grease, or cookies dipped in grease.  No wonder most people who work in morning TV instantly gain 15-20 pounds.  When you get up at 1:30 a.m., you somehow feel justified eating White Castles at 8:00 a.m.

I didn't get much sleep last night, and I had to get up for work at 5:30 a.m.  By 11 a.m., I was ravenous.  I felt like Christopher Walken in that famous SNL skit, because my mind was saying, "I got a fever, and the only prescription is a little more cowbell."  Only my cowbell was really just cow.  I decided I must have a double cheeseburger from McDonald's.

The closest Mickey D's to my work is at Randolph and Wabash, and it's a little ghetto.  The McDonald's itself is really nice, but there are always bums hanging out there.  I've also noticed that nearly every time I go there, someone tries (and usually succeeds) to cut in front of me.  It's also the most expensive McDonald's, and there's no dollar value menu.  But today, I didn't care.  I ordered my double cheeseburger, fries and a coke.  I ate it there because I knew I couldn't wait the 5 blocks it would take to walk home.  While I was enjoying the delicious party in my mouth, I noticed the wrapping on my burger described it as "beefy and cheesy."  It sure is!  That marketing person hit the nail on the head.

Now I'm home and should be working out to burn the 1,000 calories I just consumed, but instead, I think I'll nap.  It's time to dream about that beefy and cheesy goodness that I know I won't eat again for at least 6 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment