It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

We found one!!

We found one, we found one, we found one!  I'm talking about a new apartment!  It has everything a city dweller looks for-- it allows dogs, it has a dishwasher (holla!) and an in-unit washer and dryer (holla, holla!).  And I haven't even told you the best part.....

It has its very own parking spot.  And it's covered.  And we didn't have to fork over $50,000 for it.  Triple holla!

I'll be honest, I was getting a little worried during our search.  I told you about our drug dealing bad neighborhood experience.  Then, a lot of the other places we looked at we're on the 3rd or 4th floors of really old homes, so the stairs were a winding, narrow nightmare.  I could just envision me eating it in a pair of 4-inch heels, and falling down every single flight.  I finally found a good place yesterday, and was almost ready to sign when the realtor said, "Now, I want to make you are aware, there isn't a refrigerator."

What?

Yep, apparently the Bachelor who owns it took out the fridge to put in more counter space, so he replaced it with 2 mini fridges.  Now that might work for a man who only needs a 6-pack of beer and a spray can of Reddi Wip (if you know what I'm sayin'), but I'm not really sure that works for a married couple who eats cereal for dinner, and therefore, needs a gallon of milk at all times.

Finally today, I looked at a darling condo in Old Town, and it is so nice.  Another couple was interested in it too, so I called Mike and told him to run, not walk, so we could sign the lease.  A credit check and huge deposit later, and it was all ours!

So barring we don't divorce in the process of packing up all our stuff and then schlepping it down 31 flights, we will have a nice new apartment that's...get this...almost 1,000 square feet.  (Quadruple holla!)

No comments:

Post a Comment