It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Sunday, September 5, 2010

The season of weddings

Mike and I are getting ready to go to a wedding tonight at the Fairmont Hotel.  Yay!  I'm so excited.  I just love weddings.  Luckily we have two more after this one.

Today I've been thinking about what makes weddings so magical.  First of all, it's so fun to dress up and actually have a reason to blow out and curl your hair.  It's fun to wear a pretty dress.  It's great seeing two people in love who want to commit themselves to each other for the rest of their lives.  It's nice to drink for free for a whole night.  It's fun to catch up with old friends.  And for me, it's super nice not being the bride.

Sure, I loved our wedding more than life itself, but being a guest is so much easier than being the bride.  Here's why...
*  It doesn't take two people to help you lift up your dress so you can pee
*  People aren't asking you a million questions, like Jeannie where are the shuttles picking us up?  And Jeannie, what should I wear?  (Believe it or not...people were calling me the day of our wedding asking for directions.  Shame of them for not being better prepared!  Of course, that's Karma because I used to be that disorganized guest.)
* You can actually eat because you don't have an upset stomach and your dress isn't altered so tightly your ribs will hurt the next day.  And the day after that.
* You don't have to make small talk with every guest, even the ones you don't know, but pretend you do.
* You can drink freely and really jam to Miley Cyrus without worrying about getting too buzzed in front of your grandma.

Holla!  Party on tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment