It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Have you tried Domino's lately?

Okay, have you tried a Domino's pizza lately? (You're probably laughing right now after my metabolism sucks after 30 blog yesterday.  You're thinking, "Jeannie, it's not your metabolism that's the problem, it's your love for anything brown or that tastes like sugar milk!")

Anyway, I was totally intrigued when I started seeing Domino's CEO getting on national TV, and basically admitting that their crust used to taste like a cardboard box, and that was unacceptable.  The company revamped their crusts, launched a big media campaign, and asked for consumers to give it another shot.

I'm all about forgiveness, so I decided to give it a go.  (Side note: I've always thought Domino's was delicious, so apparently I have a thing for cardboard boxes.  That will come in handy when Mike and I are homeless in a month because we haven't found a new apartment.)  I ordered the pizza online, and within about 40 minutes we had 2 delicious, piping hot pizzas.  The new crust is like garlic crack cocaine and so delicious!  I've ordered it a few times since then, and I can get a large, 2-topping pizza for only $5.99!  Ordering a traditional Chicago style pizza from a local pizzeria costs like $43!

So, in wrapping up I'd like to say no, I'm not getting money from Domino's for this apparent advertisement.  I just saying that I'm impressed by their bold marketing campaign that is paying off.  (Now, I need to go work off the two mushroom and onion slices sitting in my belly.)

No comments:

Post a Comment