It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Friday, September 17, 2010

The concert that never was....

Wow, it's a gorgeous day in Chicago!  The sun is shining and there's a hint of Fall in the air, but you can still feel summer hanging on.  A girlfriend of mine and her friend are heading to our apartment as we speak because we're all going to the Dave Matthews concert tonight at Wrigley.  I'm so excited!

I bought these tickets for Mike as a way of making up.  No we didn't fight, but the last concert we went to was John Mayer, and I blew it.  See the thing is, we never actually got to see Mayer perform, because I passed out.  Ha, you're probably thinking it was amateur night and I got too sick.  Wrong.

It was August 14th and a beautiful, hot, sticky day in Chicago.  The concert was in Tinley Park, so we decided to go early and grab a bite to eat.  We went to a little pizzeria in the darling downtown area.  Well, the pizza was amazing, so we ate every last bite.  I also downed 3 RC Cola's, because let's face it, when else am I going to be able to drink RC?  Then we went to an equally darling ice cream parlor, and I ordered a single scoop of Butter Pecan ice cream.  Single really meant triple, but instead of protesting, I licked up every single ounce.  Once we arrived at the concert, we realized security wouldn't allow any tailgating, so Mike and I quickly downed a bottle of wine.  Once we got inside, he bought me a HUGE plastic guitar shaped frozen margarita.  Considering it was 90 degrees out and we paid $14 for it, I chugged the whole thing.

We then went to our seats and watched about 10 minutes of the opening act.  That's when just like a kid I wined, "I don't feel so good."  We then went back to the main area, and I started to black out. I took a drink of water...and that's the last thing I remember... until I woke up on Mike's lap with water coming out of my nose.  I felt awful, so we decided to leave.  As he was walking me out, I chirped, "Well honey, I guess it's for better or worse, right!?"

When I got home, I googled "Passing out after eating too much" and apparently it's pretty common.  My blood sugar was on a roller coaster, until finally I couldn't handle it anymore.

So tonight is a chance to redeem myself.  If I stay away from frozen margaritas, Butter Pecan ice cream and two tons of carbs, I should be okay.  Wish me luck.

1 comment: