It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Brrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10:11 a.m.
Um, excuse me.  What happened, Chicago?  Just this morning you were sunny and warm and perfectly appropriate for wearing a skirt.  By this afternoon, everything changed.  Apparently the shocking news that our mayor of 21 years, Richard M. Daley, will not run again for office has thrown our weather into a frigid tailspin.

5:15 p.m.
Earlier this week, I was getting back-sweat as soon as I walked two blocks.  My flip flops would flop off because my feet were sweaty.  Our pool looked like an episode of Jersey Shore with a bunch of muscular men sitting in the water, Miller Lights in hand, trying to hit on the lovely bikini-wearing ladies.  My Chihuahua's were crying until I let them out on the patio so they could sunbathe.  My hair was going instantly flat, yet frizzy as soon as my locks hit the non-air-conditioned air.  People were selling bottles of water on the street.

Now?  Today's temperatures dropped quicker than Marie Osmond on Nutrisystem.  People are wearing cardigans, sweatshirts with their college logos, scarves wrapped around their necks and yes, even coats.  Two Canadian women came into The Loft today and bought coats because they were freezing.  Really??  If Canadians are cold, you know it must really be Arctic.  I bought jeans today just because I couldn't bear the thought of walking home in the blustery winds in my denim mini skirt that was perfect at 10 a.m.

To every person who complained this summer because it was too hot (myself included) shame on us.  Now look at what we've done!  It's going to be snowing in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment