It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Saturday, November 27, 2010

I was wrong...

Dear Glee,

Wow, I had no idea how great you are!  I tried to not like you, but I'm failing miserably.  I thought just because millions of people talk about and rave about you, I wasn't going to jump on the band wagon.  Now I'm running after you, trying to hop on that beautifully executed, well-written band wagon.  I thought the fact that I'm tone deaf and a little bitter over being criticized in high school choir for having a "flat" voice, I thought I couldn't appreciate you.  Now I realize even the musically handicapped can appreciate your brilliance.  Please keep 'em coming, because I look forward to you each week.

Best,
Jeannie


What do Glee, Facebook and Twitter all have in common?  When all three came out, I laughed at them, called them ridiculous and said they'd never last.

I guess I was wrong.

Mike and I had a good laugh about this last night after I was raving about the Glee episode I just watched with my mother-in-law.
Mike said, "Didn't you hate that show?"
"Yes."
"What changed your mind?" he asked.
"Ugh, I watched it."
Laughing he said, "Didn't you hate Facebook too before you joined?"
"Yes.  I thought it sounded ridiculious.  I mean who needs to know I ate Apple Jacks for breakfast or that I worked out that morning?"
"And now?" he asked.
"I can't wait to update everyone on my awesome breakfast choices and my great pilates workout!"
"And Twitter?"
"I thought it was dumb when it was invented."
"Now?"
"I just love finding out what Kim Kardashian is up to!"

The point is--I've decided my New Year's resolution for 2011 is to be more open minded.  Just because I don't understand something, or think it might be silly, it may be something that I end up loving and can't live without.

I think we should all be the same way.  Turn your nose up to Sushi?  Just try it.  Think Justin Bieber's hair is ridiculous?  Perhaps it has awesome forehead warming abilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment