It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Friday, November 19, 2010

Why do people cut?

Mike and I went to a great concert last night!  Have you heard of Donavon Frankenreiter?  He has some great songs like "Life, Love and Laughter," and "Beautiful Day."  His amazing voice sounds a lot like Jack Johnson, in fact the two are buds and fellow surfers who perform together.

Last night, Donavon (who has a sweet 'stache) performed with one of my favs, John Oates from the 80's band "Hall & Oates" (who also used to have an equally sweet 'stache.)  It was so great!  I shimmied and shook to each song.

Here's what I notice about every concert we go to without assigned seats...you end up next to (or worse yet, behind!) a total douche.

It wasn't very crowded last night, so we ended up getting a really great spot towards the front.  We had about 15 minutes to wait.  Tick, tock, tick, tock.  I'm watching every person who comes in or near me like I watch a tennis match, with my head bobbing back and forth.  T minus 1 minute to the show, and my view is suddenly blocked when this guy walks in (see picture.)  He's about 6'3", 300 pounds, and well, there's no other way to say it-- a very large man.  He at least said "excuse me" before cutting and stationing himself right smack dab in front of me.

The worst part?

He didn't even seem to enjoy himself.  He just stood there like a lump, never smiling, drinking, or even bothering to take off his coat.  Mike theorized he is a music critic for a newspaper, and had to come the concert.

Why do people think they are more important than anyone else and can cut in front of them?  Just remember...karma.  You cut in front of me, I track you down and hit you with my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment