It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Thursday, November 4, 2010

My dreams are coming true!

It's official, Jorge and Santiago have made all my dreams come true!  (I knew that line would keep you reading.)

Jorge and Santiago are Macy's delivery men, and they delivered our brand new King bed this afternoon.  Yay, yay, yay!!!!  I've decided there are a few keys to a good marriage:

--Don't ask a man what he's thinking about when he's quiet.  If he's not talking, it doesn't mean he's mad, he's just contemplating his Fantasy Football choices.  Leave him alone.

--Don't gripe because he doesn't put the seat down or replace the toilet paper on the roll, because it won't do any good.  They are taught by their fathers to do the opposite of what you bitch about.

--Finally, buy a King bed.  Sure, cuddling is fun, but after five minutes your sweating and he's snoring.  You need your own space, ASAP.

You regular blog followers know that I apparently have a man's body temperature.  I like my house to be a balmy 50 degrees in the winter, because my body hibernates at night, and my body heat kicks in.  Last night, I actually woke up with sweat running down my chest.  (TMI?  Perhaps.)  I also sleep next to a man (It's okay, we're married) who has an equally hot body temperature.  And to top it off, I have two little hot tamale Chihuahua's who sleep under the covers and put off more body heat than screaming women at a Barry Manilow concert.  All of this combined has led to many a sleepless night, with me crying, "I just want to sleep alone!" (I bet you men have never said that.)

So last weekend, I decided it was time to buy a bigger bed.  Sure King beds are ridiculously expensive, and this one now takes up our whole room, but I say it's worth it.  Will it work?  Stay tuned...Mike is out of town and the Chi's like to sleep with my mom when she's here.  It looks like I'm all alone tonight!  (Unless I call Jorge or Santiago, of course.)

No comments:

Post a Comment