It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Monday, October 19, 2009

Cohabitating

People keep telling me living with Mike will be the true test of our relationship. And he'd better pass, because we've already paid for the wedding venue, my dress, flowers, and photography. So if I discover I can't live with him, I'd better find someone else before July 3rd. Ha!

Our first true test was definitely moving in. As I mentioned before, it was truly awful schlepping all our stuff up to the 31st floor. We moved my stuff in first, and I quickly realized I filled up all 3 closets by myself. I'm talking every inch. Mike had no hope of even getting his Ohio State t-shirts in them. It was hard, because I went from a 1200-square foot townhouse (that I lived in alone) to a 660-square foot apartment that I had to share.

Mike handled it in stride. When he looked around, he said, "Well, I guess it looks like you'll be living here alone, because there's no room for me!" Luckily, my future mother-in-law was here, and kindly reminded me that since it's October, I don't need to hang all my summer clothes too. We packed those away, and I gave Mike one whole closet! (Minus the Christmas decorations in the corner of it). And who says I never give him anything?

No comments:

Post a Comment