It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Phew!


I've always thought of myself as a pretty good shopper who can navigate stores effortlessly. That was until today...
Have you ever visited the Macy's store on State Street? It's better known as Marshall Field's, a staple in Chicago's history. You may remember it from one of my all-time favorite movies, "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation," where Chevy Chase does some shopping for his wife.
I had to buy a birthday gift for Mike, so I thought Macy's would be perfect. That's until I was trying to find my way around one of the 24 floors (okay, it's not that many, but it seemed like it.) I kept walking in circles, and that circle led me to the really expensive stuff!
I was feeling silly about how confused I was in the store, until I just read that it's the 2nd largest department store in the world! In the world! It's also on the National Register of Historic Places. Now that's some serious shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment