It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Friday, October 23, 2009

You pay what?

I used to love to shock my good friend, Dave Barras, with the horror stories about getting my hair done. When I worked the morning shift in Indianapolis, I knew I still had another 5 hours until I got home if it was a hair appointment day.
I got my hair done in a suburb southwest of the city. I lived northeast of the city, so that was problem number one. I also had a stylist who insisted on working on other people's hair at the same time, so more often than not, I'd sit in the chair with soaking wet hair for at an hour. Then, I had long hair with ridiculously intricate highlights, so that was another hour. When all the torture was done, I still had to drive an hour to get home during rush hour. The cost for this day of torture? Anywhere from $130-$200 dollars! You understand Dave's shock.
One benefit of my funemployment--I can't afford to get my hair done, so I'm cutting and coloring it myself (pathetic, right?) But it only takes me 30 minutes with Nice & Easy, and it costs $6.99! Sure, I'm a redhead now with uneven bangs, but I just saved hundreds of dollars.

No comments:

Post a Comment