It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

"I'm so sorry, my dogs are getting used to the city!"


The source of most of my anxiety is not moving to a new city, or even finding a job--it's how my dogs will act around other ones. Chicago is a city of 2 million people, and I'm guessing about 1 million dogs.
Everyday I have to walk my Chihuahuas through our hallway (on a dog floor), get them on the elevator to go down 31 flights, through the revolving doors, and across the street to the park. Let me tell you, it's almost always drama-filled. Some days the doggies are good, other days they try to attack a Weimaraner dog twice their size. Understanding their socialization window is probably closed (Bailey is 9, and Buckeye is 4), I think I've found the solution. When Mike isn't around to help me take them out, they'll use this artificial potty on the patio. (It has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?!) I ordered it yesterday for $150, so I'll let you know how it works. I'm thinking this is the perfect solution when it's 10 below zero and the lake-effect winds are in high gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment