It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Seriously? You won't stand up?

My mom and step dad just got back from a wonderful European cruise. When I talked to my mom this morning about all the adventures, she brought up an interesting phenomenon: the person on the airplane who won't get up.
You know what I'm talking about. When you're boarding, and you tell the person on the aisle, "This is me. I have the window seat." And instead of getting up, they just put their legs closely together, and let you climb over them. So now your ass is in their face. Awkward!

Or in my mom's case, they were already seated, so she told the women she needed to go to the bathroom. The woman didn't get up, so mom climbed over her. Really? On a 9-hour flight, you don't want to get up and stretch your legs? Really? Is buckling your seat belt the hardest thing you've ever done, and you fear if you unbuckle it, you won't be able to figure out how to do it again.
C'mon people! Let's sign a pledge that when we're on an airplane, we vow to stand up. It's our American duty!

No comments:

Post a Comment