It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Still Waiting...

On October 9th, I posted that I was sooooo excited about finally getting COBRA coverage(continuation of health benefits). I waited 66 days, but after my persistence, and a nasty letter thanks in part to my lawyer step dad, I finally got it.
But what they don't tell you--you're still going to have to wait WEEKS for it to actually go into effect. I've been trying to fill a prescription, and the pharmacist keeps coming back with, "I'm sorry Ms. Crofts, the insurance company says your coverage ended September 1st."
I say, "I know, I'm on COBRA. I guess the $260 I paid isn't enough???"
When I call Blue Cross, they say my check HAS gone through, but it takes 3 business days to process. The next guy I called said 7-10 days. Awe, don't you just love getting different stories?!
So as I said before, when you quit a job or a job quits you, it's going to be a pain in the butt for a long time.

On a lighter note--I want to say "hi" to my grandmother, Mama Mays. She turns 85 next month, but she's incredibly Internet savvy, and reads this blog everyday. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment