It's official!

It's official!
David Stubbs Photography

Sunday, October 18, 2009

'Da Bean




Since I moved to Chicago, I've been told I need to see the bean, a.k.a. Cloud Gate on the AT&T Plaza. (I hope I get free phone service now for giving them a shout out!)
The bean is located in Millennium Park, right off of Michigan Avenue. It's a 110-ton sculpture that is intended to reflect the city's skyline and the clouds. It's pretty neat. Amazingly enough, people have posted reviews of the bean online, and I thought they were funny. Here are some...
"It's a great metal shiny bean!" (True)
"It's a Chicago must-see!" (By all the foreign-speaking visitors, I'd say they read that review too. They thought, 'When we go to America, we just have to see the bean!')
And my favorite, "Don't stand underneath it and spin around. It will give you the worst hangover and trip you've ever had." (Good advice!)
By the way, here are the answers to yesterday's post. It's illegal to park your vehicle in a bicycle lane. A white painted curb means a loading zone for passengers or mail only. And you should signal 100 feet before you make a left turn. (I'm presuming that's true for right turns too?? Uh oh, I'd better go study some more!)

No comments:

Post a Comment